&Company :: Sweet Cranberry Biscuits
The holiday season is just around the corner and I am itching to decorate the house and fill the kitchen with the smell of spices! Thankfully, & Company Eats has crafted a recipe that is just lovely and exactly what I’ve been craving. Here, Shaylea shares more about this month’s recipe ::
So I set out to make cookies but my husband thought these reminded him more of scones… so I’m calling them Sweet Cranberry Biscuits. Not the buttermilk kind you eat with bacon, but more of the English kind that people consume with tea :).
Sweet Cranberry Biscuits
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup GF oat flour (I just grind up my whole GF oats)
- 1/2 cup organic pure cane sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- pinch salt
- 2 Tbsp Ghee (softened/melted)
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375˚.
- Mix cranberries and maple syrup. Place on baking sheet and bake for 20 min.
- While the cranberries are baking, mix almond flour, oat flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a bowl. In a seperate bowl mix the ghee and eggs. Stir in egg mixture into your dry ingredients and mix well.
- Once cranberries are done, turn oven heat down to 350˚ and pour the cooked cranberries into batter and stir until all the cranberries are mixed in. (Your batter will turn pink!)
- Scoop out small-medium size spoonfuls of the batter, place on a cookie sheet and cook for 12-15 min. This should make roughly 18 biscuits.
The great thing about these biscuits is you can enjoy them for a sweet breakfast, a snack or dessert…we love versatile foods. Enjoy!
Thanks so much, &Company!